Tuesday 6 April 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly

Isn’t that an old western movie? That is how I call the beach houses over here. Come on and take a look at the beach beauties in my area:

You can’t tell if they are newly built or had a very professional renovation


this is the front of this gorgeous house



and another picture



this is also one of my favorites;




and one of the front (peeked through the gates with my camera)



but there is even a casa for guests in the front, take a look




This is my dream property, it is located on the beach of Chelem



here are some more amazing properties on the ocean (with huge lots)



and another one



These are the good ones


But we have the ugly ones, here they come:



They need a lot of work

Some have potential others don’t

There are a lot of environmental restrictions regarding building renovating on the beach. (and I hate rules and regulations!) There is a new law called Decreto 801. In most of the cases it is forbidden to built within 60 meters from the water line. It is not allowed to built a seawall anymore, that’s why you have to stay 60 meters back from the water line. I suppose that it will be difficult to get hurricane insurance when there is no sea wall. But renovating will be easier than building a new house on the beach. When the lot is small it could be allowed to built a house on stilts.

Now I am getting to the bad, that are houses that are in a very bad shape. I mean real bad. They are not restorable. What caused this collapse of these houses? Was it hurricane Gilbert? Were those houses badly built? I have heard that some houses were made with bad concrete mixing sea water instead of water.
I even get the creeps walking in front of those houses. They could collapse any moment............. fasten your seat belts her they come:








So it is important when you are going to buy your dream home. To buy a house with a lot of beach.
Some houses are already with their sea wall in the water. Now where I live the beach comes and goes. I got more beach last week around 10 meters extra (30 feet)
Always check the (or have it checked) sea wall.

Today it was quiet again. We had the whole beach for ourselves. The past two weeks were busy busy busy. A lot of Mexicans had vacation so everybody was going to the beach.



I can start again with beach combing finding little treasures on the beach.
I will show you what the catch of the week is.
Thanks for stopping by! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment