Thursday 15 April 2010

Beach Combing and Creative ideas with Shells

Today I had some time to comb the beach. I found some wonderful treasures. I am collecting driftwood and shells and all kinds of sponges and coral.
There are a lot of different shells to be found on the shore.
Take a look:






I collect them because I like them, but also to use them in home decorations and give my beach house a total beach interior, when it is renovated.
You can make a lot of fantastic decorations with all these fantastic free gifts of nature. I will show you what I have found this week and what you can do with it. The only thing that you need to buy,
but most people have that, is a glue gun.
Here are some other finds:






this one I found today, it was the biggest conch I have ever found (my hand is on the right)




I will start simply but the projects can turn into really expensive art (when you have to buy it)

Let’s start with a simple mirror that you can easily turn into a great piece of art






I just saved my chandelier to make this fantastic looking shell chandelier





And there is more……………what about a table……



What about a wreath.......





and a lamp……………




And an old sculpture…………



What about drift wood, isn’t it fantastic what you can make with drift wood………





I love this table………………



And the table Christmas tree, isn’t it adorable………………



I bet you want to join me on my next walk on the beach……… you are always welcome





I hope you like the treasures that can be found on the beach in the Yucatan………

I got a fun link from one of my readers (thanks Dahmel) regarding creative shell work (LOL):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/laura_schlipf/4070306350/

Next time I will show you a bit about Merida, a colonial city with amazing architectural buildings ………. And some more……..till next time…….I hope you will join me on my trip to the city of Merida

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!
    Im very impressed! Love it, you create wonderful shell art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooooooow ! beautiful. How do you do that ??? I am really impressed !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoi Anne, hoe gaat het me je ? Ik probeer je te bereiken, maar vind nergens je e-mail adres. Laat je iets weten ? Groetjes van Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a true inspiration you are ,i live in cornwall england,and have just started out making arty stuff, but hey you really have got my brain ticking now ,thank you and bless you .

    ReplyDelete